Saturday, May 31, 2008

Vibraphone dream

Last night I had a really vivid dream, which almost never happens. I was at a show with family at Cox Arena (in San Diego). Some band was playing. I don't remember their name, but I remember thinking that they had a lot in common with Hem (eclectic instrumentation, organic sounds, sweet vocals). We were sitting behind the front of house sound guy, and he had set up a vintage analog board next to the venue's digital board. I remember thinking that it was strange that he wasn't using the digital board.

The main part of my dream revolved around their vibraphone... it was huge! Eric's vibraphone is quite large and rare (4 octaves). This one was at least 6 octaves, maybe more. The resonators were a dark brass color and the whole thing looked stunning. I borrowed a camera from my aunt and kept thinking 'Eric is going to flip when he sees this vibe!' I was talking to their guitar player (probably after the show) and he claimed that he was the one who invented playing guitar with a slide... to which I thought... 'yeah right... this guy's full of it!'

Maybe my 'kinda razor sharp' mind has begun a premature dive into the fun world of senility... Maybe I have a government created nanorobot infection that is ultimately going to make me Hurley from Lost's roommate in the psycho ward... Maybe I'm overreacting, over analyzing, and I just need to go on a bike ride. I'm going with option 3.

T.J.

1 comment:

I am Christina. said...

I laughed reading this...