Monday, May 5, 2008

Cooking and music

To quote The Oneders' first manager in "That Thing You Do:" "A good band is like a stew. All the ingredients come together just right..." Rather than give some kind of stupid and potentially awkward food/music analogy (like Spencer being the foundational chicken broth of the band, etc.) I thought I'd share a fantastic recipe I tried this week. It's a lentil soup with all kinds of healthy stuff in it that ROCKS really, really hard.

While I think everyone should try this recipe, Future of Forestry, (and it's parent and sister companies and subsidiaries) cannot be held responsible for knife injuries, burns, or any other bizarre, painful health anomalies caused by attempting this culinarily artistic activity :-)

One more thing: to make this recipe truly fantastic, leave out the onions. To quote my father, "Onions are a result of the fall." I'm not sure about that, but they do taste rather putrid if you ask me. -T.J.

The recipe video is below (thank you about.com). In case you can't see it click here.

No comments: