Thursday, May 15, 2008

Let's Go Band!

Last night, I went to a 5th grade band concert. My mom is a music teacher (an awesome music teacher by the way) and she has been working with this band from the beginning of the school year. It brought back many memories of my first year in school band. I can still remember the thrill of taking my Trumpet home for the first time (and later trading it in for drumsticks... even more thrilling). In a world where music budgets keep getting cut, it is really cool to see that the school band program I went through years ago is pressing on despite the financial obstacles. I believe that music is a gift from our Creator, and I thank God for people like my mom who are in the trenches making sure that kids still get the opportunity to play music!

No comments: